Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home3/nithish/public_html/btechzone.com/wp-content/plugins/sharebar/sharebar.php on line 112 and defined in /home3/nithish/public_html/btechzone.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home3/nithish/public_html/btechzone.com/wp-content/plugins/sharebar/sharebar.php on line 124 and defined in /home3/nithish/public_html/btechzone.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
II Year B.Tech. ECE. I-Sem
MATHEMATICS – III
UNIT – I
Special functions: Gamma and Beta Functions – Their properties – evaluation of improper integrals. Bessel functions – properties – Recurrence relations – Orthogonality. Legendre polynomials – Properties – Rodrigue’s formula – Recurrence relations – Orthogonality.
Functions of a complex variable – Continuity – Differentiability – Analyticity – Properties – Cauchy-Riemann equations in Cartesian and polar coordinates. Harmonic and conjugate harmonic functions – Milne – Thompson method.
Elementary functions: Exponential, trigonometric, hyperbolic functions and their properties – General power Z (c is complex), principal value.
Complex integration: Line integral – evaluation along a path and by indefinite integration – Cauchy’s integral theorem – Cauchy’s integral formula – Generalized integral formula.
Complex power series: Radius of convergence – Expansion in Taylor’s series, Maclaurin’s series and Laurent series. Singular point –Isolated singular point – pole of order m – essential singularity.
Residue – Evaluation of residue by formula and by Laurent series – Residue theorem.
Evaluation of integrals of the type
Argument principle – Rouche’s theorem – determination of number of zeros of complex polynomials – Maximum Modulus principle – Fundamental theorem of Algebra, Liouville’s Theorem.
Conformal mapping: Transformation by , lnz, z2, z(n positive integer), Sin z, cos z, z + a/z. Translation, rotation, inversion and bilinear transformation – fixed point – cross ratio – properties – invariance of circles and cross ratio – determination of bilinear transformation mapping 3 given points .
- A text Book of Engineering Mathematics, Vol-III T. K. V. Iyengar, B. Krishna Gandhi and Others, S. Chand & Company.
- A text Book of Engineering Mathematics, C. Sankaraiah, V. G. S. Book Links.
- A text Book of Engineering Mathematics, Shahnaz Bathul, Prentice Hall of India.
- A text Book of Engineering Mathematics, P. Nageshwara Rao, Y. Narasimhulu & N. Prabhakar Rao, Deepthi Publications.
- A text Book of Engineering Mathematics, B. V. Raman, Tata Mc Graw Hill.
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Irvin Kreyszig, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd.
- A text Book of Engineering Mathematics, Thamson Book Collection.